Our Pledge to Accessibility
The Village of Galena is dedicated to making its website accessible to the broadest possible audience and we are constantly making efforts to increase its ease of access. Our goal is to make this website accessible and user-friendly for everyone.
General Statement about Accessibility
The Village’s website offers a wide range of information and services, and we recognize that for users with disabilities, some material on our site may pose challenges. If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information. Users who need accessibility assistance can also contact us by phone through the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 for TTY/Voice communication.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
We strive to conform to US Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines as well as W3C’s Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 A and AA referring to website accessibility standards. If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader, please visit the Adobe Reader Accessibility website which provides useful tools and resources.
- Adobe Flash may be required to view certain videos that appear on this website. To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website. To access flash content using a screen reader, please visit the Adobe Flash Player Accessibility website which provides useful tools and resources.
Supported Assistive Technology
- Latest Version of JAWS for Windows
- Latest Version of NVDA for Windows
- Latest Version of VoiceOver for Mac OS X
- Microsoft Accessibility Tools
- Apple-Mac Accessibility Tools
- Window-Eyes is a screen reader that converts components of the Microsoft Windows operating system into synthesized speech.
- WebAnywhere is a web-based program that runs on any computer and allows a web page to be read aloud to you with controls similar to JAWS or Window-Eyes. Once you go to the WebAnywhere site, listen to the keyboard commands, and then use the special URL address box to surf to the web pages you want to access.
- Keyboard-Only Navigation
Links to External Websites
The Village of Galena is not responsible for the accessibility of content on external sites linked from galenaohio.gov sites. External websites are third-party websites not hosted on Village of Galena servers, nor hosted on servers funded by The Village of Galena, Ohio.